Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What The Hell Just Happened?

So today we finally had the big settlement hearing that was scheduled by the attorney hired by my soon-to-be-ex (but nowhere near soon enough). We don't really have much in the way of possessions, we don't stand to make a lot on the house and we aren't sitting on hundred thousand dollar bank accounts so why they felt these expensive hearings were necessary is beyond me. As it turns out, I sure am glad they felt that way!

I went in with a proposed settlement, it cut her a few breaks but was still skewed in my favor. The judge was apparently completely unimpressed with the behavior of swcnbn, this is when all of her lies, pettiness, thievery and general asshole behavior came back to bite her in the ass. Not only did I end up with everything I asked for, I somehow got more! WTF? I think she has no idea how much she gave up because she never got to see my actual proposal. The judge kept tossing us out of the conference room so I think most of the details were worked out between the judge and the attorneys. I get back everything I wanted returned (she has 4 days to return it all) and she somehow ends up paying me more money than I asked for. The weirdest part? She voluntarily walked away from any and all profit on the house. Willingly. At the suggestion of her own attorney. That was reinforced by the judge when she made sure to word her report accordingly, forbidding swcnbn from receiving so much as a penny of the proceeds by order of the court.

When it was all said and done, the judge had left and my soon-to-be-ex and her attorney were gone leaving me sitting there with my attorney I had to turn and ask her, "What the Hell just happened?" She just smiled.

Step 1 of 3 is now complete, the next step should be done by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

});