Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My "Vacation" Is Over

Sometimes you don't need to go anywhere to have a vacation.  In fact, sometimes it can be a vacation when someone else goes away.  That's how it recently happened for me.  My wife was going to a work related conference for several days then instead of coming home she was going to be taking care of the dog at her mother's house for almost a week.

For thirteen days I was single again and it couldn't have come at a better time. Just before it started I'd found out that my wife had gone behind my back and done something incredibly stupid which she knew I would never agree to.  It will in all likelihood end up being the final nail in the coffin of this dying marriage, but that's another story for another time.

I thoroughly enjoyed my brief singledom.  It was nice to find things where I'd left them, nice to clean something and see it stay that way and really nice to be able to get through a day without feeling aggravated or angry. I even took advantage of the freedom to go on a little trip, but that too is another story for another day.

Unfortunately my little vacation is now over, she's back. It was so much nicer with just Zeus and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

});