Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Damn My Packrat Mindset

If it has value to me I'll save it. It doesn't matter what type of value, be it monetary, practical or sentimental. It's a mixed "blessing" for lack of a better word, this compelling urge to keep. Sometimes it works out well, other times not so much.

I'm finally about done unpacking and decided to tackle one of the remaining boxes full of unknowns and mixed items. In it I find a small box which didn't look familiar. I had no clue what was in it so like a dummy I sat down on the floor and opened it. Ah, the memories. It's funny how a small item or a few written words can trigger so many memories, bringing back entire conversations or series of events.

Shortly after taking this photo I found even more. Oh well, at least I started the day in an almost cheerful mood. That's got to count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

});