Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Year Here And Gone

2008 is out of here and I don't think too many people are going to miss it. The general consensus among most of the people I know is "Good riddance".

My New Year's Eve was a quiet one. We had dinner with a couple friends at their house, played some Phase 10 (a very annoying card game), snacked on junk food and dessert then had a glass of champagne as we watched the ball drop. Things sure do get different as you get older. I used to never remember New Year's Eve because an entire night of various overindulgences made it impossible to remember, now they're forgotten for lack of anything worth remembering. I guess I can always blame it on old age.

So now it's another year, back to the same old same old. I'm skipping the whole resolution thing. I was never good for doing things on a schedule anyway, I have better luck doing them when I feel the time or circumstances are right for whatever it is I'm trying to accomplish. There are a few things I'd like to get done this year but we'll just have to see how things go. Some of them just need me to get off my lazy ass and get motivated, others are a bit more dependent on other factors. I didn't get much of anything accomplished last year, I suppose I should try to make up for that this year and do something constructive with my free time. I'll let you know how that goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

});