Saturday, August 7, 2010

More BS And More Lies, Oh My, What A Surprise!

It just keeps coming. There is no end in sight. It seems like I will spend the rest of my life trying to get divorced. Every single time there's any progress at all my wife and her attorney throw out another obstacle, usually an expensive one.

This time it is something called a Petition for Special Relief. In it, my charming wife petitions the court to give her full authority to sell our house and perform every aspect of every act needed to do so, giving her full and sole legal rights to the entire process. She also petitions that all proceeds from the sale go into an account controlled by her attorney, with no disbursements of said funds to be made without a Court order. Despite that, I will still be required to pay half of any expenses she decides to incur, even if I don't agree to the work, the contractor, or the price!

As justification for this she provides a list of lies.

  • She claims that she assumes "most all of the responsibility of the mortgage, taxes and utilities" which is several blatant lies wrapped up in one. Since our separation we have split the mortgage right down the middle every month, each bill is paid with two different checks, one from each of us for our respective half of the payment. The taxes are escrowed into the mortgage so they are covered too. It's a 50/50 split, so much for "most all of the responsibility". As for the utilities, they were all transferred into my name and my name only all the way back in April (it's now August) and I have been paying 100% of them since. Not only that, I also paid 100% of the final bills which bore her name, and all previous bills were split evenly between us. There is not one single shred of truth to her claims.
  • She claims she must pay rent on her current residence. She lives with her mother who would never even consider charging her so much as a dime. Show me cancelled checks, bitch. Her bank statements will show no recurring payments of any kind, I guarantee it.
  • She then repeats the previous lie, stating that she is financially burdened by having to pay half the mortgage for a house she co-owns but doesn't occupy plus her supposed rent. Like I said, show me the cancelled checks. Even if by some minuscule chance she is paying rent, tough shit. I didn't hint that she should leave, I didn't ask her to leave, I didn't tell her to leave and I didn't embark on a course of action which would require her to leave. She has nobody but herself to thank for that.
  • She then claims she has completely covered or substantially contributed to the cost of the house. Yeah, that's a clear statement. She has paid all or some. Well duh, of course she has, what other choice is there, she has paid none?. All 7 years of payments have come from our joint account. She claims she has to pay me Alimony too, it's actually spousal support from a court order, she's close. Stupid lawyer. She fears she can not continue to pay for her house. Awwww, maybe she should have thought of that before she started acting the way she has been and precipitated all of this. She made her bed, now she can lie in it. Nice pun, eh?
  • Then for the laugh of the day she claims I am not cooperating with her when it comes to fixing the house up to get it ready for sale. Reality to lying bitch, come in lying bitch. Return at once, fantasy aborted. I have ripped out carpeting and padding, I spent an entire weekend ripping up the carpet from the stairs, and the hundreds upon hundreds of staples which were used to hold it down. Staples you can't even see, and can't get to to pull without digging around through the carpet with a screwdriver. I have ripped out all the tack strips and the overkill quantity of nails used to fasten the whole mess to the floor. I have ripped up sheet after sheet of plywood underlayment, each sheet held down by approx 90 - 100 ring shank nails which don't come out, I literally had to tear the nails through the plywood then individually pull each nail from the floor in a time consuming multi-step process to avoid major damage to the century old original wood flooring I was uncovering. I have scrubbed walls and sanded walls then scrubbed them again I have scraped, spackled primed and painted. I have hauled truckloads of garden waste to the landfill, hauled unwanted broken down old furniture to the landfill, and hauled the flooring demolition waste to the landfill. I have done all of this while working more than full time plus an additional occasional part time job and doing everything which needs to be done in a house, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, mowing the yard, maintenance of our rather extensive gardens, etc... Her contribution? Zero. Nada. Nothing. She refuses to show up and hasn't so much as lifted a finger. She won't even come get her stuff out of the way to help speed up the process. But I'm not cooperating so she should get full rights to the house. Fuck her.
  • Then her last bs claim is that she's afraid I'll stop paying my share of the mortgage and utilities thereby damaging her credit. What a crock, when it comes to money she is the most irresponsible person I know, Her credit was trashed when we married, bad when we bought the house (her low credit score forced us into a HUD loan at a higher rate), remained bad as she continued to collect credit card after credit card, and is still crappy to this day due to her fiscal stupidity. Not to mention the fact that even if I did stop paying the utilities they are in my name and my name only and it would have no impact at all on her or her credit. There's also no way in Hell I'd trash my own credit just to ruin hers. She isn't worth it, as far as I'm concerned she's worth less than nothing.

I absolutely can't wait until the hearing for this petition. When she has to take the stand in Family Court she will have two choices, either admit she filed false papers with the Court or commit perjury by repeating the lies, all of which I can disprove. Her attorney is going to shit bricks when he finds out he's been lied to again. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go buy more rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

});