Friday, October 5, 2007

Slack Blogging, Again

I admit it, I'm a sucky blogger. I'm way overdue and have been slacking. Let's see, what interesting things do I have to report?

   Back in August I met up with Mark and Nicole and got to see some of Pittsburgh. We went to the Phipps Conservatory and were fortunate to have our visit coincide with an art exhibit featuring the works of glassblower Dale Chihuly. There were hundreds upon hundreds of his pieces all tucked in and arranged amongst the plants in the conservatory. For once I even took pictures!!

We rode a tram thingy up some steep freaking hill, I kept trying to scare Nicole or make her turn green but she wasn't very cooperative, the party pooper. When we got to the top the view was awesome, Pittsburgh was all spread out in front of us on the other side of the river. We capped it off with dinner and games at Dave and Buster's. All in all it was an enjoyable day, I hope we can do it again sometime soon.

September, not a lot went on except the beach trip I mention in my last entry. The sunburn got progressively worse, I guess it was sun poisoning. My legs ended up a dark purplish color and so swollen that I had no ankles. I had pregnant woman cankles! I eventually peeled and after a month it's finally about gone. I'll probably be needing a melanoma screening after this one, I should probably get one anyway after all the bad sunburns I've had throughout the years. Ahh the joys of being fair skinned.

This week I was lucky enough to be able to spend a day with Dee. She got to watch me get a bs ticket from a semi-literate traffic cop (real cop wannabe) who appeared to have been at least partially lobotomized. We checked out Baltimore's Inner Harbor, and although most everything I wanted to do was closed due to the limited fall schedule we still managed to have a good time. I think Dee was glad about one closure, she looked kinda green at the thought of going to the Observation Deck on the 27th floor of the World Trade Center. I don't know why, it's only 420 feet up

I amused us while we enjoyed lunch on an outdoor patio by staging food fights amongst the multitude of pigeons and sparrows which were hanging around. Those little sparrows kicked the pigeons' asses and almost always got the food. Go underdogs! Or is that underbirds? Afterward we walked up to the top of Federal Hill and hung out for a while enjoying the view of the harbor area. I'm hoping we can do it again, this time when everything is open, lol. I tried to get some pictures but something must have been wrong with my camera, it seemed to only be able to take pictures of the palm of her hand or various hand gestures. Go figure!!

I am number one, she said so!

What else? Oh yeah, I got a snow blower!! Shoveling shit loads of heavy snow will now be a thing of the past! If I were anywhere near coordinated enough to pull it off without hurting myself I'd be doing the happy dance. I think that's about it, nothing else to report. Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

});