Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yay, Excitement! zzzzz.......

Well, I just learned that you need to be really really really careful what you wish for sometimes. It's been kind of dead at work, normal for this time of year, and I was getting pretty bored and wishing something exciting would happen.

Well, it did. Our ceiling collapsed. There had been an ongoing plumbing leak on the floor above us which had been soaking the extremely old plaster ceiling over my head until it finally got so heavy and so soft that it just couldn't hold on any more. CRASH!! Fortunately there were no injuries and little damage to anything but the ceiling. It sure is one hell of a mess though, there's plaster dust everywhere.

On the bright side, my weekend just went to about a week long! I suppose most of that will be occupied with maid duties though, oh well. Add in a few small projects around the house and my long weekend just vanished. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

});